For my 34th birthday, I came up with a list of 35 things I wanted to accomplish by my 35th birthday. 2 months in, I’m making some progress! The green items are the ones I’ve achieved, the pink are ones … Continue reading
Yesterday was my 34th birthday. While 34 isn’t really a big birthday year, it means I am one year closer to 35 (and a whole new age demographic, lol). While I’m very happy with how my life has played out … Continue reading
So I’ve been contemplating how much of this I should share on the blog. I figured since it would come up eventually I would let you all know what is going on… I’ve been dealing with a complication this pregnancy … Continue reading
Despite being a total textbook Type A, I somehow managed to put off identifying my goals for 2016 until past the halfway point in January. I guess I’ve been busy! Upon reflection, I did quite well with my 2015 goals. Some … Continue reading
As we transition into 2016 (am I the only one wondering where the last few months of 2015 went?!?), I am gearing up to make some goals for the upcoming year. Before I do so, I thought it would make … Continue reading
I seriously cannot believe October is almost over. I have been completely swamped this month and with work, school and family stuff, I haven’t had much time for projects (or posts!) Sidebar, here is a pic of the girls from … Continue reading
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am very excited to NOT be going back to work tomorrow and, in fact, have another week of vacation to try and be productive!
I’ve been thinking about my goals for 2015 and I started by classifying my goals into several categories. Next I set some top-line direction.
Here’s where I’m at so far:
- Update our budget for 2015 and set our financial milestones for the year
- Take a family vacation
- Participate in more activities with the girls and provide more experiences
- Start turning my mind to what comes next for me career-wise
- Look to build the skills I would need to get there
- Continue to build my professional networks
- Explore some options for further education
Health & Fitness Goals
- Bring more physical activity into my life
- Eat more vegetables
- Eat less processed/convenience foods
- Rebrand the blog with new visuals
- Update my “About” page
- Introduce some collaborations into the blog
- Expand my social media (e.g., platforms I’m using, followers I have)
My next steps are to get quite specific and identify my tangible plans for achieving these goals. Stay tuned for progress on this!
What are your goals for 2015?
Today is my first full day of holiday vacation. I am super excited to have 3.5 weeks off from work! While I don’t have any plans for exciting travel, I do have intentions of being super productive. My plan is to do something productive each day.
Here is what the next few weeks have in store:
- Do a present inventory to ensure I haven’t missed anything (or bought too much!)
- Wrap presents
- Finish up my homemade gifts
- Rebrand the blog for the new year (I’m excited about this one!!!)
- Purge my closet
- Clean out the playroom (make room for the new toys coming in!)
- Take a trip to Ikea
- Re-decorate the bathroom (painting too!)
- Work on my living room gallery wall
- Organize/set-up the desk in the basement
- DIY some artwork for the bedroom
- Finish organizing the entry way (why does the project never end!?!)
- Set up new dress up storage in the playroom
I’m sure this list will continue to grow but I look forward to sharing my progress with you!
Do you have any exciting plans for your vacation time?
Today was supposed to be a “me” day. I had the day off work and some fun money to buy a few new items for my closet. I was super excited so of course L woke up with pink eye. No daycare for her and my trip to the mall was replaced with a visit to the doctor’s office.
At least being at home all day forced me to be somewhat productive. And when I say somewhat productive, what I actually mean is that I made a plan to be productive. I documented, room-by-room, everything that I want to accomplish as part of my spring cleaning.
The list is quite long and very daunting but I feel like it at least gives me a starting point.
Some of the top items on my list?
- Do a general tidy of each room – so much stuff seems to have accumulated over the winter and all of these items either need a new home or a place in the trash.
- Clean out closets – get rid of any clothes/shoes/accessories that don’t fit/haven’t been worn in a while and take inventory of what the girls need for the warmer weather.
- Overhaul our toy storage system – with the new storage in E’s room and the extra space in the basement, I can start moving toys out of the living room.
- Clean the car – after the snowy/slushy/salty winter we had, the car is a mess – inside and out. Maybe I can pawn this one off on M?
- Do some serious cleaning – I am not looking forward to this one but windows need to be washed, baseboards need to be scrubbed, and dust bunnies need to be swept from corners.
What about you? What is making the top of your spring cleaning list? Any tips on getting things done?
While I’m still in vacation mode until I’m back at work on Monday, I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish around the house. While there are a lot of little things, I’ve decided to focus on projects for 3 specific areas of the house: L’s room, the kitchen and the basement.
Here’s what I have planned:
- Add 2 bookshelves (considering making these!) to either side of her bed
- Set up a reading centre
- Set up a place for playing with magnetic dress-up dolls
- Put a fun paint treatment on her dresser
- DIY some accessory storage
- Make some canvas photo displays
- Install a hanging shelf under our upper cabinets
- Update the command centre
- Organize the large corner cabinet
- Add some DIY artwork
- Paint and install some curtains
- Add more storage to the office/craft area
- Set up a place to display the kids’ artwork
- Create a dress up centre in the playroom
- DIY some artwork for the playroom
- Set up an area to display family photos
- Finish the bathroom reno
Now that I everything down on paper, it looks like a lot! I’m ready for the challenge though!
My goal is to have these projects wrapped by the end of March. 1 space/month makes it seem much more manageable!
What are your goals for 2014?