I can’t believe it’s been a year since I set out to complete my 35 by 35 list! Curious to see how I did? Here’s the update… The green items are the ones I’ve achieved, the pink are ones that … Continue reading
Only 7 weeks left until my birthday which means I have just over a month and a half to complete my 35 by 35 list! Here’s my update… The green items are the ones I’ve achieved, the pink are ones that are … Continue reading
With the start of the new year, and resolutions on my mind, I thought it would be a good time to check in on my 35 by 35 list. With only about 2.5 months left to go, I still have … Continue reading
For my 34th birthday, I came up with a list of 35 things I wanted to accomplish by my 35th birthday. 2 months in, I’m making some progress! The green items are the ones I’ve achieved, the pink are ones … Continue reading
Yesterday was my 34th birthday. While 34 isn’t really a big birthday year, it means I am one year closer to 35 (and a whole new age demographic, lol). While I’m very happy with how my life has played out … Continue reading
So I’ve been contemplating how much of this I should share on the blog. I figured since it would come up eventually I would let you all know what is going on… I’ve been dealing with a complication this pregnancy … Continue reading
Despite being a total textbook Type A, I somehow managed to put off identifying my goals for 2016 until past the halfway point in January. I guess I’ve been busy! Upon reflection, I did quite well with my 2015 goals. Some … Continue reading
As we transition into 2016 (am I the only one wondering where the last few months of 2015 went?!?), I am gearing up to make some goals for the upcoming year. Before I do so, I thought it would make … Continue reading
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am very excited to NOT be going back to work tomorrow and, in fact, have another week of vacation to try and be productive!
I’ve been thinking about my goals for 2015 and I started by classifying my goals into several categories. Next I set some top-line direction.
Here’s where I’m at so far:
- Update our budget for 2015 and set our financial milestones for the year
- Take a family vacation
- Participate in more activities with the girls and provide more experiences
- Start turning my mind to what comes next for me career-wise
- Look to build the skills I would need to get there
- Continue to build my professional networks
- Explore some options for further education
Health & Fitness Goals
- Bring more physical activity into my life
- Eat more vegetables
- Eat less processed/convenience foods
- Rebrand the blog with new visuals
- Update my “About” page
- Introduce some collaborations into the blog
- Expand my social media (e.g., platforms I’m using, followers I have)
My next steps are to get quite specific and identify my tangible plans for achieving these goals. Stay tuned for progress on this!
What are your goals for 2015?
While I’m still in vacation mode until I’m back at work on Monday, I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish around the house. While there are a lot of little things, I’ve decided to focus on projects for 3 specific areas of the house: L’s room, the kitchen and the basement.
Here’s what I have planned:
- Add 2 bookshelves (considering making these!) to either side of her bed
- Set up a reading centre
- Set up a place for playing with magnetic dress-up dolls
- Put a fun paint treatment on her dresser
- DIY some accessory storage
- Make some canvas photo displays
- Install a hanging shelf under our upper cabinets
- Update the command centre
- Organize the large corner cabinet
- Add some DIY artwork
- Paint and install some curtains
- Add more storage to the office/craft area
- Set up a place to display the kids’ artwork
- Create a dress up centre in the playroom
- DIY some artwork for the playroom
- Set up an area to display family photos
- Finish the bathroom reno
Now that I everything down on paper, it looks like a lot! I’m ready for the challenge though!
My goal is to have these projects wrapped by the end of March. 1 space/month makes it seem much more manageable!
What are your goals for 2014?