I feel as though everyone has that spot in their place where clothes get piled up. You know the ones… comfy clothes that you wear when you get home from work that don’t get all that dirty so you don’t … Continue reading
While my due date is tomorrow, I don’t think Baby S has interest in vacating any time soon! I’ve been dilated to 4 cms for a few days now but no contractions. On top of it all, I’m also dealing … Continue reading
I’m sure I’m not the only one with kids and a whole lot of stuffies. It’s like they multiply when I’m not looking! Originally, the easiest solution was to store them in a canvas laundry hamper. The downside to this … Continue reading
Is anyone else battling this cold that seems to be going around? All 4 of us are sick and miserable! And just in time for the long weekend, lol. Anyway, our corner kitchen cabinet has been a project I’ve been … Continue reading
The medicine cabinet in our free standing kitchen pantry was a bit of a mess. I tried to organize by using stacking bins but the problem is that there wasn’t enough space for bottles to stand up fully and there was … Continue reading
Like a lot of people, I like to start off the new year by cleaning out my closet. It helps me start the year off fresh and who doesn’t love an organizing project? Even more of an incentive were the … Continue reading
For the last couple weeks, we have been using homemade hand soap in the bathroom. When I first made this, I was a little weary of how this would hold up to regular soap. I decided to give it a … Continue reading
It is my ongoing quest to organize the house. Our latest challenge was all of the loose papers/mail/random stuff that make their way into the house and just sit on a shelf. My solution was to use clothes pins on a piece of … Continue reading
Today was supposed to be a “me” day. I had the day off work and some fun money to buy a few new items for my closet. I was super excited so of course L woke up with pink eye. No daycare for her and my trip to the mall was replaced with a visit to the doctor’s office.
At least being at home all day forced me to be somewhat productive. And when I say somewhat productive, what I actually mean is that I made a plan to be productive. I documented, room-by-room, everything that I want to accomplish as part of my spring cleaning.
The list is quite long and very daunting but I feel like it at least gives me a starting point.
Some of the top items on my list?
- Do a general tidy of each room – so much stuff seems to have accumulated over the winter and all of these items either need a new home or a place in the trash.
- Clean out closets – get rid of any clothes/shoes/accessories that don’t fit/haven’t been worn in a while and take inventory of what the girls need for the warmer weather.
- Overhaul our toy storage system – with the new storage in E’s room and the extra space in the basement, I can start moving toys out of the living room.
- Clean the car – after the snowy/slushy/salty winter we had, the car is a mess – inside and out. Maybe I can pawn this one off on M?
- Do some serious cleaning – I am not looking forward to this one but windows need to be washed, baseboards need to be scrubbed, and dust bunnies need to be swept from corners.
What about you? What is making the top of your spring cleaning list? Any tips on getting things done?
I love baskets and storage bins. There are a great storage solution (especially for kids) because they hide clutter without requiring an intensive clean up. Throwing things quickly into baskets is a quick way to clean up and hide away … Continue reading