This post has been months in the making but I guess late is better than never!
The ELM Life has been busy lately and I have some exciting updates to share:
1. I reached the 20,000 views mark earlier this month! Thank you so much to everyone who keeps checking out this little blog I started on a whim. I’m definitely feeling the love!
2. I’m now on Instagram! Check me out at http://instagram.com/theelmlife to see what I’m up to: my day-to-day life, upcoming and in-progress projects and all the yummy food I eat but very rarely ever make myself 🙂
3. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Polly over at Happily Polly – thank you, my dear! (Oh, and be sure to check out her lifestyle blog which touches on all things creative: baking, art, fashion, interiors, photography, theatre and music)
The award details are as follows:
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
So, here are my 11 facts:
- I played varsity volleyball when I was in university
- I was on a game show when I was a kid (I didn’t win)
- My favourite music artists are John Mayer, Taylor Swift and Matthew Good
- I love dessert and will very rarely turn down chocolate or cake
- M and I have been together since I was 17
- While most people have a fear of public speaking, I love getting up in front of a crowd. I thrive when facilitating presentations, training sessions or workshops.
- I have never seen the movie Titanic
- I have curly hair but since cutting it short, I straighten it every day
- My tv weakness is Dance Moms
- I gained close to 50 lbs during both of my pregnancies – I was huge!
- I love money stuff and financial planning
Here are Polly’s questions with my answers:
1. In one sentence, sum up why you blog.
I started blogging because I wanted to stay accountable to projects I had planned but now I blog because I like sharing what I’ve done with others and providing inspiration.
2. If you couldn’t work at your current job/study the subject you do at uni, what would you choose to be doing?
Probably teaching because I love connecting with others to help them learn something new.
3. Least favourite food?
Hmmm… turnip, maybe? My mom used to make it at every Sunday dinner and no one would touch the stuff but her!
4. What is your most embarrassing moment in life?
I was once hit in the face by a t-shirt propelled by a slingshot at a concert. I was by myself and clearly not paying attention. No one asked if I was ok and I didn’t get the t-shirt either!
5. What are you most proud of?
Raising my 2 girls.
6. Who do you look up to most? (Must be someone you know personally)
I can’t really think of someone specific because I have lots of different people I admire because of certain qualities they possess.
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully with a lot more money because I won’t be paying daycare fees anymore 🙂
8. What do you look for in a friend?
Someone who share similar values and who doesn’t mind being flexible because kids sometimes put a damper on your social life.
9. Favourite film?
Clueless, Dirty Dancing and Crossroads are the movies I will watch over and over again.
10. What would you say to your younger self if you had the chance?
I’m in a pretty good place right now and I think it is in part due to the experiences I had when I was younger. I guess I would say “keep on doing what you’re doing because you are rocking it!”
11. And finally, showers or baths?
Showers. The last time I had a bath was probably when I was in labour with L!
Here are my (short and sweet) questions:
- Salty or sweet?
- Cats or dogs?
- Brights or neutrals?
- Drama or comedy?
- Books or magazines?
- Winter or summer?
- Tea or coffee?
- Reality tv or scripted?
- Left-brained or right-brained?
- Instagram or Twitter?
- Scheduled or flexible?
And here are my nominations. I only picked 3 because these are the blogs I am really digging right now:
Be sure to check out the above blogs and show them some love.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!